Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Made in America? I Don't Think So!


John Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN )
for 6 am.
While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG).

He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA ), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE ) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA)

After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA ) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO ) to see how much he could spend today.

After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN ) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA ) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY) filled it with GAS (from Saudi Arabia ) and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his Computer (made in MALAYSIA ), John decided to relax for a while.

He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL ), poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE )and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA ), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in AMERICA .


AND NOW HE'S HOPING HE CAN GET HELP FROM A PRESIDENT (MADE IN KENYA.)
Thanks to Lisa for forwarding the above. What do YOU think?
And thanks to Jane for sharing this: http://www.bornagainamerican.org/

5 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

I love this, I would like to repost it sometime.

Sandee said...

Ain't it the truth. Good one.

Have a terrific day. :)

The Marc Chamot Report said...

That is great! It's so TRUE! That is why our jobs and industries are going to hell. They are letting it all in free of tariffs. When I have time and I do another posting on jobs and the economy, i'll quote this if it's okay.

Sherry Shealy Martschink said...

Thanks to all for taking time to stop by and read this.

Sarge Charlie & Marc Chamot: You've both asked to repost it or quote it. Please do. I don't know who wrote it; it was forwarded to me as indicated.

The Marc Chamot Report said...

Sherry? Thanks for linking my blogs to your site. I appreciate that so much, I linked yours also to both of my sites. Thank you very, very much...

Marc