Just wait and see: that will be the talk before long.
One of the commentators today referred to my friend Joe (see prior post) as the "previously obscure" congressman from South Carolina.
There are various opinions about Joe Wilson across the country and beyond, but I don't think anyone is calling him obscure now.
His two-word outburst during the president's speech gave him instant name recognition throughout the world, and it also afforded some name recognition for his much lesser-known opponent in next year's election cycle.
But it's more than name recognition. There are even some who are hailing him as a "hero." People are seeking his autograph. I still think he chose the wrong time and place to speak up, but many think he was correct.
This "previously obscure" congressman who became an overnight sensation for some folks has been in politics for over 39 years.
It will be interesting to see where he goes from here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Joe Wilson for vice president? Maybe of the Confederate States of America. Maureen Dowd of the NYT expressed it best for the millions of Americans who were horrified by his lack of civility toward our President. Here's the link. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/opinion/13dowd.html
I think he could have said it more conventionally, like in the political correctness world, "bull" or "you know that isn't true Barack." But still, I support him 100 percent, because now former president Jimmy Carter is calling him a racist, and me too, because of my views.
I'm seeing the left losing with President Obama and they are scrapping everything they can to get their programs going.
Very nice post Sherry and thank you again for linking me. Wow! I didn't know you were VIP, that's quite an honor for me....
Post a Comment